Social media is an effective way to increase your brand awareness and potentially your transaction per year. If done correctly, you will most definitely reap the benefits, however if you do it incorrectly, it can do more harm than good.
Before you go crazy with the postings and scheduling updates, ask yourself these questions. This will help you come up with a viable plan of attack (so to speak).
- What does your audience most like about you?
- Who are you trying to target or reach?
- Who do you want to do business with?
- Are you easy to find on social media?
- What are your competitors doing?
- What do your clients expect of your brand?
- Are you happy with their expectations? If not, how can you change their expectations?
Once you answer these questions, you will have a better idea or dare I say vision of how you would like to proceed.
Stay tuned for more social media best practices posts.