Using Kijiji is a great way to drive traffic to your site. It is an effective way to have those not in your network learn about your product or services.
Kijiji is a free online classified site that is used in Canada. For those of you that are not familiar with Kijiji, here are some useful facts (sourced by kijiji):
Kijiji Quick Facts:
- Almost 55% of Canadians use Kijiji on a monthly basis – that’s more than 17 million unique visitors each month!
- 2 ads are posted every second on Kijiji
- More than 83 million ads are posted on Kijiji every year
- Over 1.6 million new ads are posted each week on Kijiji
- Over 7.5 million live ads on Kijiji right now
- Kijiji is Canada’s largest classifieds site
What are the largest cities on Kijiji?
What are some of the most popular categories?
- Buy and Sell
- Cars & Vehicles
- Real Estate
Kijiji is very easy to use but they do have some ground rules:
- No duplicate or similar ads (slightly edited from original)
- Local ads only
- Ads should be posted in the right category/ most relevant category
- No links to other classified/dating/job websites
- No keyword spamming
- No prohibited items
- No slanderous statements
Please follow the next posting, which will show you how to post on Kijiji