Whenever you get a new lead in from your website or from some other prospecting method, many people choose to communicate with the person via phone and / or email. Many agents get frustrated by calling the contact many times, yielding no results. So what do agents do, they stop calling and leave 100% of their follow-up to emails. Emails can be opened but if the person receiving the email doesn’t truly see the value in responding to the email, then no true communication has been made.
If you in the same shoes, why not add text messaging in to your follow-up routine. Here are some facts about text messaging that should convince you to start texting, if you have not done so already.
- 91% of all smart phone users keep their phones within arms reach 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 31% of all smart phone users prefer texting to voice calls
- 98% of all text messages sent are opened
- 83% of all text messages are opened in 3 minutes and 95% are opened in 5 minutes
- Text messages produces 6-8 times higher contact engagement
- The average customer checks their phone 150 times per day